❯❯ Tony Salas with Powertrain Training will discuss common rail testing on the GM RAM and Ford Diesel Engines.
• Operation of typical common rail injection training on the low side, high side pressure and return.
• Emphasis will be placed in verifying lift pump pressure and volume.
• Review of the various injectors used such as the Denso and Bosch solenoid and piezo systems.
• Injection pump operation will focus on issues such as the CP4 with contamination issues.
• Diagnostic process will include the quality and testing of the diesel fuel.
• Service information will be used and viewed along with scan tool screen captures to illustrate components and tests.
Video property and credits of Lucas Diesel Systems.